A student visa in the United States is available to foreign students who wish to study in the country. The most common type of student visa is the F-1 student visa, but there are other types too. Depending on your academic goals in the U.S., you might apply for an M-1 visa (vocational/nonacademic) or a J-1 visa (exchange visitor). To apply for a U.S. student visa, you must prove that you: Have been accepted to a school or educational institution that is approved by the U.S. government Are enrolled in a full-time academic program Can pay the tuition and living expenses associated with studying in the U.S. Will leave the U.S. once your studies are complete Have the intent to study and not work in the United States You will also need to provide documents such as proof of financial resources, a passport, and a Form I-20. The Form I-20 is issued by the school you plan to attend, and it is used to apply for the student visa. In addition, you may also be required to attend an interview at the U.S